Saturday 4 March; 12.30 – 7.30pm
Ferrymead Heritage Park, 50 Park Drive,
Heathcote Valley, Christchurch
Ferrymead Heritage Park is a 1900’s replica township which makes it one of the most distinctive festival venues in New Zealand.
Set within the township, Nostalgia is where good food and music meet a creative culture of arts and crafts, characters and entertainment head-on. Catch the steam train for a scenic jaunt through the Heathcote Valley or check out the Park’s numerous museums and displays. Take a stroll through the Village Market, featuring an array of artisans and providers, with bespoke market stalls along a heritage replica street.
All drinks are served in Globelet reusable cups. Cups are available throughout the festival for purchase or hire at $2. Wash and water stations are placed throughout the park.
The little ones are welcome, but remember this is a supervised event meaning all under 18’s MUST be accompanied by an adult. The heritage park provides the perfect facilities to keep the kids happy with heritage displays, a playground, steam train, carousel, plus theatre and street entertainment.
Twelve and under $15 pre-sales selling now and door sales only available for $20 if not previously sold out.
Five and under are free, with Plunket Canterbury providing a breastfeed/changing area for mums and caregivers.
TRANSPORT OPTIONS AND PARKING
Nostalgia Festival continuously strives towards increasing sustainable initiatives, which includes encouraging festival-goers to take the bus, ride your bike or car share.
Private buses leaving to and from the city centre are available whilst purchasing your tickets online, but numbers are limited so get in quick.
There's multiple options for public buses that run close to the festival venue. Below are the bus numbers that pass and the closest drop-off platform number to the festival.
Purple Line; closest platform No.36242
No.535 Eastgate to Lyttelton; closest platform No.42327
No.140 Russley to Mt Pleasant; closest platform No.30769
For more info head to the below link.
Bike racks are also provided and are located by the main festival entrance at Ferrymead Heritage Park office. Or alternatively, join the festival bike group - Slow Roll, and gain priority entry into the festival plus other perks - for more info
Festival parking is available within the Ferrymead Sports Fields off Ferrymead Park Drive. Parking will be sign posted and staffed.
Values & Sustainability
Nostalgia’s values are simple: create a unique festival that integrates the Christchurch community through celebrating collaboration, creativity, event sustainability and quality music.
Nostalgia aims to have as minimal effect on the land as possible, continuously working towards implementing and trialing new sustainable initiatives. The team at Our Daily Waste works with festival vendors to minimise and control festival waste. Reusable cups, plates, cutlery and wash stations are provided by festival partner Globeblet.
Nostalgia Festival encourages festival-goers to cut down on transport used by ride-sharing, private or public buses and, of course, biking - join our bike group!
- There is a grass area around the main stage and seating located throughout the park, however you are welcome to bring your own picnic blanket or chairs
- First Aid facilities are provided onsite
- No outside food or drink is allowed onsite, although we do permit drink bottles – but no glass allowed
- No animals are allowed within the festival
- Disability Access – The Ferrymead Heritage Park's existing infrastructure provides the necessary facilities and amenities throughout the majority of the park, excluding a couple of exhibition areas. If you have any questions or would like to know more about this, leave a message on our contact page.
- Supervised Event – All under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian ticket holder
- What if it rains? Nostalgia will go ahead in the rain; measures are in place to insure the festival can run in all weather conditions, unless deemed unsafe for the festival to proceed, in which case the event will be cancelled and ticket purchases will be refunded
Festival attendance is subject to terms & conditions.